Monday, September 12, 2011

Goodbye Spartacus!!! (RIP Andy Whitfield)

1972 - 2011
I was watching True Blood 4 this morning when I read a tagged tweet from a friend that a star of one of my favorite TV Series has succumbed to cancer. There's only  of, and that's Andy Whitfield. True enough news online spread confirming the actor's death. It was sad.

Andy Whitfield, played as Spartacus (and it has became his signature role) in the Spartacus: Blood and Sand TV series. He was diagnosed with Non-hodgkin Lymphoma right before he started taping the 2nd season of the said TV Series. 

According to the news, Andy (39) died in the arms of his wife in Sydney earlier today.

It was sad, because I am a fan of Spartacus and I think he did a great job playing the role! I was looking forward to seeing him big time!

May you rest in peace gladiator!!


No comments:

Post a Comment