Sunday, July 31, 2011

I Styled: Paulo Avelino for Manila Bulletin 07/27/2011


Mr. Cool

Article By JASER A. MARASIGAN
July 27, 2011

MANILA, Philippines — There are no smal l roles, only small actors. A simple statement, but the above saying is a very astute advice that young actor Paulo Avelino always takes to heart.

Read full article HERE

Never mind if he is not always in the limelight, or is always the leading  man. This early, Paulo recognizes that it is how the industry works. “I’m not choosy with roles. I always seek for something new and different in the characters and roles I portray. When it’s new, it’s exciting.
And you tend to do another sketch for your character, to create another character, which is challenging,” explains Paulo.
Besides, the 23-year old actor prefers it that way. “Gusto ko steady lang, cool lang. Hindi naman ako naiinip. Nabibigyan naman ng  chance and breaks. But I also know hindi pa rin naman ako ganun kagaling. I still have to prove my worth. So for now, I just enjoy what I do,” he says.

Read full article HERE

“In every project that I do, I learn something new. In turn, it hones my talent and skill as an actor, with the hope that eventually, all my efforts will pay off,” Paulo continues, who names Johnny Depp, Edward Norton, Sean Penn, and Meryl Streep as his idols.

Read full article HERE

“This (acting) is not my childhood dream. I wanted to be an entrepreneur. It is easier to be your own boss. When Starstruck ended, I wasn’t that serious with acting yet. But eventually, I started to like it  and love what I do. Doon na ako nagpursigeng mag-aral, I enrolled in workshops to improve my craft,”  he reveals.

Paulo, who was born and raised in Baguio, says that it wasn’t really much the lack of privacy or the intrigues that he had difficulty dealing with when he entered showbiz. “The toughest challenge was dealing with the homesickness.”
Paulo attributes to his upbringing his courage to confront l i fe’ s challenges head-on.
“Noong bata pa lang kaming magkakapatid, we’ve been trained by our parents to be independent.
They asked us to do simple house chores. They keep on explaining things na hindi ko pa maintindihan as a young boy. Now, I realized I was raised well by my parents,” he adds.
Read full article HERE

Although he has yet to finish college, Paulo says that the most important lessons in life, he learned outside of the classroom.
“Being independent changed my life. I definitely matured as a person. I learned a lot of things that I don’t think I will learn in school. I’ve learned to control, to budget, do my own grocery, to cook. I’ve learned to be responsible,” he shares.
Read full article HERE

“It (finishing school) is one of my ultimate goals in life. But everytime I plan to go back to school, biglang may nagbubukas na opportunity. Mas napipili ko ‘yung opportunity kasi sayang naman, it might not come again. Showbiz is unpredictable.
Hindi mo alam kung kailan ka mawawala. I just make the best out of the time that I have left,” he ends.
Photos by Jerico Montemayor 
Assisted by Cromwell Torio
Styled by Jp Diche
Grooming by Rhina Montemayor 
Hair by Dave Grona
Clothes and Accessories from Bench

More Photos....


5 comments: