Sunday, July 24, 2011

Cirque Du Soleil's Varekai Is An Experience!

Magical and Fantastic!!
---------------------------

Last Friday (July 22, 2011) became a memorable date for me, since this is the day I first saw a theatrical circus act. What made it more special is it's not just your ordinary circus act. It is with the world's best theatrical circus production, Cirque Du Soleil's "Varekai" in Manila.

Watching Varekai wasn't really part of my plans, since I've been saving money for an upcoming trip. Although deep inside I want to see Cirque Du Soleil's act live. So since, I wasn't able to watch Kylie's concert, I decided to give in to Varekai (for redemption). And so my boyfriend bought the tickets for me and I should be paying it anytime soon. 

Our tickets cost Php3800... the tickets are cheaper on weekday shows
According to him this is the first time and probably the last time Cirqu Du Soleil's Varekai will be staged here. Also, according to his mom (who lives in New Jersey), the tickets are already cheap compared to the ticket prices if we'll watch it abroad. Thanks to him, I wouldn't have had the experience if he didn't insist.
I was so amazed, I decided to buy this souvenir catalogue
The show was above amazing! As I've said this is the first time I saw a circus act, and this is not your ordinary circus, it has an art value. The costumes are detailed and very colorful, the stage is intricately designed, the songs are nice, and the performers are hands down, the best! 

Here are my Top 3 Favorite acts of the show!

My favorite act! The Triple Trapeze
The Triple Trapeze act is magical, accompanied by a great song (Kero Hireyo), the girls were so amazing. They made it look like their stunts were so easy. They were so synchronized and graceful!

Another favorite! The Aerial Straps!

The Russian Swing! These guys' costumes are fire! Jumping and being thrown out in the air using a giant swing,  these guys are emulating that of an erupting volcano!
These guys are just perfect! Watching them made me so motivated to workout!! Those arms, those abs, those pecs and legs!

Watching Cirque Du Soleil's "Varekai" made me feel like I'm in a different world. You'll surely forget everything! It's like you left reality outside the Grand Chapiteau entrance!

And so for those who weren't able to watch... here are 2 of my favorite acts! 



Cirque Du Soleil's Photos here

No comments:

Post a Comment