Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Oscars 2012 Best Dressed List

Yes... I woke up at 6AM (mnl time) to catch the red carpet event of this most anticipated annual event!
 The Academy Awards is not just about the acting honors, before all that, the actors must mesmerize the audience with their fashion by strutting down that red carpet!!

And here are my favorite actresses.. for wearing (what i think is) the most fabulous dresses by the most fabulous designers in the world!! Enjoy!!!

Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji

Tina Fey in custom-made Carolina Herrera

Penelope Cruz in Armani Prive 
... i just love how she said Pri-veh in that sexy latina accent!!

Meryl Streep in Gold Lanvin...
.... will she match that Oscar trophy if she wins the Best Actress!!?

Gwyneth Paltrow in a caped Tom Ford white ensemble...
.... she is bringing the cape fashion back to life!!!

Angelina Jolie in that black velvet Atelier Versace
...you just cant take the scene away from her.
 as i say Angie and Versace is the perfect combination!!!

Jessica Chastain in that Gold studded black Alexander McQueen Gown...
she stole the red carpet scene for me!! love her look so much!!

Emma Stone in Giambattista Valli
they say it's similar to Nicole Kidman's Balenciaga in 2007
... for me Emma's look still rocks!

Cameron Diaz in Gucci

Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton.... classic!!
That pink crocodile purse!!

Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad 
very modern day Greek Goddess!!

Viola Davis in that green Vera Wang....
her skin and that green looked so fabulous!!!
thank God she ditched the wig!

Milla Jovovich in Elie Saab
... she said it's her first time to attend The Academy Awards... 
she looked great for a first timer!! lol
...................

I can't really rank them, that's why the pics are in no particular order. 
But if I have to choose 3 Top Favorite looks...
hmmmm??
I have to choose...

Meryl Streep in Lanvin... 

for me gold means wisdom and she embodied the words
 "dress your age" perfectly with that dress... she totally scored back after that nightmare 
of a dress in Golden Globes!!

 Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen....

 The red hair, that pearl white skin, in that Gold and black gown. is just perfect! It's nice that she didn't overdo her hair.. she totally stole the "scene-stealer" title for me...

Viola Davis in Vera Wang.... 

green and her perfect skin worked well.... and what made her looked 
so good is that she sported her natural hair!! I mean that wig in the Golden Globes is hideous... you could never go wrong with what God has given you...

and if you're wondering why I didn't put Angelina in my Top 3...

 that's cause she's already in my Red Carpet legends list... lol

Till the next Academy!!!

XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment